3. What information will Dressipi collect about me?
- 3.1 We encourage you to register with us in order to be part of the Dressipi community and to take full advantage of Dressipi’s features detailed below. However, you may choose not to register and take advantage of any feature of our site where registration is not required. If you do not register, then the information we collect from you is limited. We log your IP address in order to help diagnose problems with our applications or hosting environments, administer our Web site and track usage statistics. It would be extremely difficult for us to identify you through your IP address, and we make no attempt to do so. If you reached our site by clicking on a link or advertisement on another site, then we also log that information. This helps us to maximize our Internet exposure, and to understand the interests of our users. All of this information is collected and used only in the aggregate; that is, it is entered into our database, where we can use it to generate overall reports on our visitors, but not reports about individual visitors.
- 3.2 We also place small files known as ‘cookies’ (and/or similar technology) on your computer’s hard drive to maintain the integrity of our content and to provide our users with a better site experience. Please see section 11 below for more information about the cookies we place.
- 3.3 You do not always need to be a registered Member to participate in Dressipi competitions. When you sign up to participate in competitions which Dressipi may run from time to time on the Service, we will probably ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth.
- 3.5 If you choose to register with us, we will collect personal information from you including your name, email address, gender, and password. We may also give you the opportunity to add optional information about yourself.
- 3.6 You may also, be able to include optional information under the following categories: about you, your age, your interests and brand preferences, your body measurements, as well as contact information for other people that you provide to us. The information we collect may vary, but we only collect the information that you provide to us as part of using the Website (such as your likes and dislikes) or otherwise authorise us to collect.
- 3.7 We may store all or some of your personal information in a cookie file on your hard drive, so that our system will recognize you each time you visit our site. In that way, we can save your preferences from visit to visit and present you with a customized Web site, without requiring you to log into our site every time you visit. Please see section 11 below for more information about the cookies we place.
Retailer partners and hyperlinks
- 3.4 If you choose to purchase any clothing or accessories (or any other service Dressipi will or may provide) by clicking on a link provided on the Website to a retailer's website, that retailer will collect your personal details (such as your credit card number, address, etc.) for the purpose of completing your chosen transaction. We may be provided with confirmation of your transactions with such retailers and, in some instances, such confirmation may include your personal information. Aside from such confirmations, the only information that we will collect with respect to such retailer links is: (a) the number of generic Dressipi users who use such links; (b) the number of purchases made by these generic users; and (c) your name, email address destination and selected product so that we may contact you to enquire about your experience or to propose compatible products (if you agree, see section 4 below).
- 3.5 The Website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties including the retailers described above. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
4. How will Dressipi use my information?
To personalise the way content is presented to you
- 4.1 As part of the Dressipi registration process you will be given the option to create your Dressipi’s Fashion Fingerprint®. Having selected various options (and any options that we may add to in the future), you will be presented with garments that you then decide which you prefer. This will create your automated style preferences which enables Dressipi to tailor and match the content presented to you so that the recommendations you receive are personalised according to our machine learning algorithms.
To contact you
- 4.1 We will use the email address and any other means provided by you when you register to contact you from time to time. This may be for security reasons (so that we can check that you are who you say you are, by sending you an initial validation email), to inform you about planned maintenance to the Website or other disruptions, to ask your opinion about the Website, to invite you to participate in surveys about Dressipi services, or to keep you updated on the services currently available on the Website as well as any changes to those services and those that we intend to launch in the future. Other than for security reasons, we will only contact you where you have agreed that we may do so.
- 4.2 Where you have agreed, we may also use such personal information to send you our newsletters and marketing communications (including by email or SMS where you agree), on behalf of others and ourselves, regarding products and services that we think may be of interest to you, or to deliver targeted advertisements, promotions and other similar initiatives to you. While this may include material about third party products or services, those third parties will not contact you directly (unless you subsequently ask them to or agree that we may share your details for that purpose).
- 4.3 We won’t pass your email address on to anyone to contact you directly about their own products or services, unless you have provided your prior consent for us to do so.
- 4.4 Where you have provided consent, you may opt out at any time.
- 4.5 We may use your information in order to generate anonymous statistics regarding use of the Website. We may share this anonymous information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
5. Will Dressipi share my information with anyone else?
- 5.1 We will keep your information confidential except as set out in this policy or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
- 5.2 If you engage in any disruptive behaviour the Website, Dressipi may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where Dressipi reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of applicable law (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Dressipi may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
- 5.3 If Dressipi is acquired by another company or sells all or a portion of its assets to another company, or in the event of a merger or reorganisation, it is likely that user information will be a part of the assets transferred and may be disclosed to the new company.
- 5.4 We may need to share your information with third party suppliers that support the Website and our services such as our web hosting provider and email marketing provider (only where you have opted in to receive such marketing as described above).
- 5.5 We may use third–party advertising companies to target and serve ads when you visit the Website. These companies may use information (this will not include your name, address – though possibly the location of your home town–, or email address) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies may employ cookies and other tracking technologies to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is generally not personally identifiable (unless, for example, you provide personal information to them through an ad or email message). Please see section 11 below for more information about the cookies these adservers place.
6. What rules apply to “Invite a Friend”?
If you click on ‘Invitations’ or ‘Tell a Friend’ and submit email addresses your contacts to invite to Dressipi, you accept that by doing so, an email invitation will be sent on your behalf, to the relevant email address, and that a reminder email could be sent to that contact on your behalf. By inviting your contacts to join Dressipi, you agree that you have obtained their prior consent to send them such an invitation and a reminder. Dressipi will store the name and email address of your contacts for the purpose of automatically adding the respondent to your contacts list and to send a reminder to that invitation on the Member’s behalf. Dressipi does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and the reminder to an invitation on behalf of the Member. You or your ‘Friend’ can request the removal of their details from our database at any time by sending an email to: email@example.com
7. What is Dressipi's policy regarding children?
Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use the Website and must not attempt to register with Dressipi and/or submit any personal information to us. We don’t knowingly collect personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete the relevant information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are aged between 13 and 17, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Dressipi website. Users of that age without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information or use the Website.
8. How do I opt out or update my personal information?
- 8.1 You may have your registration details, including your profile, removed at any time. To remove yourself, please email us at email@example.com and we will endeavour to remove your details within 7 days of receipt of the email.
- 8.2 You can review and update the personal information you have provided through the registration process by clicking on ‘My Profile’ on your account page.
- 8.3 To simply opt out of receiving marketing materials from us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To opt out of receiving marketing communications from the retailers please contact them or follow their unsubscribe mechanisms.
9. How long will Dressipi hold my information and is it secure?
- 9.1 We employ firewalls and store all of our files and information on computer hardware which require password access. You should never disclose your account password to unauthorised people. We use certain security measures to help keep your personal information safe, but we cannot guarantee that these measures will stop any users trying to get around the privacy or security settings on the Website. Consequently, you acknowledge that there are circumstances in which your personal information may be accessed by unauthorised persons.
- 9.2 In the event that we believe the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavour to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e–mail address, we may notify you by e–mail.
- 9.3 We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant services. If you wish to cancel your registration as a Member your account will be deleted, however your anonymised Fashion Fingerprint® data is retained for internal analysis to continue to improve the service.
- 11.1 A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile device(referred to here as a ‘device’) browser from a website and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
(a) Performance — To collect data that we can use to improve the efficiency and quality of our service and the Website, identifying you as a valid user and to help personalise your Dressipi experience in conjunction with your profile, and remembering that you have used the Website before, meaning we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Website.
(b) Necessary session management — Managing your login session so you can move easily from one page to another within the Website and your page requests are loaded in smooth and secure manner;
(c) Functionality — Storing your preferences and selections, and customising elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Website for you.
(d) Internet based advertising — Gathering information about the pages on the Website, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is collected by reference to the IP address that you are using and so does not identify you personally, but does include information about the country and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place interest-based adverts on the Website and other websites believed to be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
- 11.3 We currently employ session cookies as well as persistent cookies which stay on your computer after you have gone offline. Persistent cookies remain in the “cookies” folder after you have closed your web browser.
- 11.4 The cookies we use and what we use then for is explained further below:
|Cookie name||Purpose||More Information|
Dressipi credentials cookie
Allows us to verify that you are logged in. It is removed upon logout or when the browser is closed
Dressipi session cookie
Stores transient information such as error messages and the last page visited. It is removed upon logout or when the browser is closed
Last logged in cookie
The email of the last person to have logged in is store and pre filled when you return to the Website. This cookie last 48 hours and is only set when using the M&S Style Adviser service
Last login id cookie
An opaque value identifying the last dressipi user to have used the site. This is used to provide limited personalisation of content when a visitor is no longer logged in
Persistent, 3 weeks
Allows users of the M&S Style Adviser to stay logged in for up to 2 years
Persistent, 2 years
|Third party cookies|
As explained above we use Google Analytics to help us collect anonymous statistics on visitors to the site, where vistors have come to the site from, how long a user spends on the site and the pages they visited. This helps us to understand how people use the site and to make improvements to our site.
Persistent & session
- 11.6 Most browsers have cookies turned on as a default, but you can always disable cookies or only allow non–persistent cookies via your browser preferences. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. If you choose to disable cookies, however, you won’t be able enjoy a significant proportion of Dressipi’s functionality. Please remember that cookies cannot read your hard drive or give any information collected to any third party. A cookie can only be read by the organisation that sets it.
12. How can I find out what personal information Dressipi holds about me?